Bitcoin Cash (CURRENCY:BCH) traded 6.4% higher against the U.S. dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 12:00 PM E.T. on February 26th. One Bitcoin Cash coin can currently be bought for $1,241.10 or 0.12210000 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including GDAX, Bitonic, QuadrigaCX and Lbank. During the last week, Bitcoin Cash has traded 19.1% lower against the U.S. dollar. Bitcoin Cash has a market cap of $21.08 billion and $480.79 million worth of Bitcoin Cash was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded up 7.9% against the dollar and now trades at $10,242.80 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded up 4.2% against the dollar and now trades at $3.51 or 0.00034570 BTC.
- PACcoin (PAC) traded 0.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 9.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $23.12 or 0.00227478 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded down 0.5% against the dollar and now trades at $2.34 or 0.00023043 BTC.
- Namecoin (NMC) traded 2.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.59 or 0.00025443 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded 1.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $143.21 or 0.01405350 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded 7.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.44 or 0.00004290 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded 4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.37 or 0.00003645 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded 15.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.22 or 0.00002172 BTC.
Bitcoin Cash Profile
BCH is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the SHA-256 hashing algorithm. Its genesis date was August 1st, 2017. Bitcoin Cash’s total supply is 16,988,788 coins. The official message board for Bitcoin Cash is bitcointalk.org. The official website for Bitcoin Cash is bitcoincash.org. Bitcoin Cash’s official Twitter account is @bitcolncash and its Facebook page is accessible here. The Reddit community for Bitcoin Cash is /r/Bitcoincash and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Bitcoin Cash (BCH) is a hard forked version of the original Bitcoin. It is similar to bitcoin with regards to its protocol; Proof of Work SHA-256 hashing, 21,000,000 supply, same block times and reward system. However two main differences are the the blocksize limits, as of August 2017 Bitcoin has a 1MB blocksize limit whereas BCH proposes 8MB blocks. Also BCH will adjust the difficulty every 6 blocks as opposed to 2016 blocks as with Bitcoin.Bitcoin Cash is a proposal from the viaBTC mining pool and the Bitmain mining group to carry out a UAHF (User Activated Hard Fork) on August 1st 12:20 pm UTC. They rejected the agreed consensus (aka BIP-91 or SegWit2x) and have decided to fork the original Bitcoin blockchain and create this new version called “Bitcoin Cash”. Bitcoin Cash can be claimed by BTC owners who have their private keys or store their Bitcoins on a service that will split BCH for the customer.Specification”
Bitcoin Cash Coin Trading
Bitcoin Cash can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Coinrail, bitFlyer, Bitbank, CoinEgg, Coinnest, Foxbit, Lbank, BitGrail, Tidex, Coinsquare, OKEx, Bitonic, CoolCoin, GDAX, BX Thailand, Bitcoin Indonesia, itBit, BitMEX, Liqui, Bibox, YoBit, Bit-Z, Coinone, Mr. Exchange, Independent Reserve, Upbit, Fisco, Cryptopia, Coinfloor, EXX, CoinExchange, Bleutrade, BitBay, BTC Markets, ACX, QuadrigaCX, Bitfinex, Zaif, RightBTC, Kraken, Paribu, Livecoin, Negocie Coins, BTCBOX, BtcTrade.im, Bitstamp, Allcoin, WEX, BTCC, xBTCe, Bittrex, Binance, Exmo, CEX.IO, Gemini, ZB.COM, Quoine, Coinroom, Gate.io, Gatecoin, BL3P, Kucoin, Bitso, HitBTC, Huobi, Bithumb, Korbit, Luno, BTCTurk, LakeBTC, GetBTC, CoinsBank and Poloniex. Investors seeking to trade Bitcoin Cash using U.S. dollars directly can do so using GDAX, Changelly or Gemini.
Receive News & Updates for Bitcoin Cash Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Bitcoin Cash and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.